The Entrepreneurship Journey encourages you to form an innovation mindset and enhance your value creation skills in three different contexts: independent startup, buyout or established company. You will learn how to build your idea into a concept, and turn that concept into a business:
- How to generate and evaluate ideas for new business ventures
- What it takes to turn an idea into a revenue-generating business
- The inherent challenges of pursuing an “entrepreneurial” venture both inside and outside an established corporation
- The basics of entrepreneurial management
- Building a holistic perspective on building new businesses
- How to synthesize and apply what you have learned so far in the program through a Business Plan
- Your potential as an entrepreneur or intrapreneur
ENTREPRENEURIAL CURRICULUM IN THE PROGRAM
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Team Formation and Brainstorm for the Business Plan
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Managerial Communication Course
- Interim Progress Report on the Business Plan
- Experience Silicon Valley New York
- Negotiation Skills Course
- Full Business Plan Submitted by Teams
- Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital and Deals
- Go Meet the Valley Project
- Panel on Venture Capital & Entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley
- Pitching Your Idea Workshop: Business Plan Showcase Session
THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP JOURNEY METHODOLOGY
The Entrepreneurship Journey begins in Module 2 with a combination of lectures, case discussions, projects and exercises.
This journey positions you at the heart of three vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystems: Silicon Valley, New York and Barcelona. Interacting with the entrepreneurial ecosystem in these cities, you will prepare for a career as an entrepreneur inside and outside your corporation. You will also create a business plan for a new venture with a high-growth potential.
"I have become more effective with the speed of business decision-making, dealing with business diversity, getting things done through others and having a complete view of the business at any given time. IESE has profoundly impacted the Terragon business and my personality."
Elo UmehELO UMEH, GEMBA 2016
FOUNDER AND CEO, TERRAGON GROUP
FROM CONCEPT TO BUSINESS
IESE wants to help you bring your ideas to life. For that reason, we offer you a complete ecosystem of support to get your business off the ground.
Our Business Angels Network goes way beyond traditional financing. We bring together more than 140 investors and projects, share expertise and coaching opportunities, and foster networking across our community of investors and entrepreneurs.