The Leadership Journey equips you with the necessary knowledge and tools to lead in any organization. Your journey focuses on three dimensions:
- Individual (self)
The journey will enhance your ability to lead, motivate, guide and inspire others with a clear vision and sense of mission.
DIAGNOSIS AND AWARENESS BUILDING
Using a 360-degree assessment tool, you will reflect on your own competencies, enhance your self-knowledge and uncover possible blind spots. You will gain greater awareness of your current reality and areas for growth.
INTERNALIZING AND DISCOVERING POSSIBILITIES
In this phase, you will evaluate your results and deploy techniques acquired in coaching sessions to define an objective, design and execute an action plan, and evaluate its success.
EXPERIMENTING AND CHANGING
With the support of your coach, you will experiment with novel approaches, integrate new behaviors and craft a long-term action plan to ensure continual improvement.
- Working with high-caliber peers, you will build your academic competencies and elevate your ability to work on a team – an essential compentency for a global executive.
- The team environment builds core leadership values: commitment, collegiality, tenacity and generosity. Working on a multicultural team, together, you will boost fundamental team-working competencies, interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- With your team and support of a team mentor, you will work through five modules plus a continuous assessment process.
- Module 1: Team formation and basic teamwork skills, including conflict management
- Module 2: Team management in the virtual environment
- Module 3: Team dynamics and feedback activity
- Module 4: Giving and receiving feedback
- Module 5: Off-site activity in Shanghai to develop strategies that leverage cultural diversity
Your leadership journey combines a variety of learning methods:
• Coursework with conceptual learning and reflection using exercises, interactive lectures and case discussion.
• Outdoor and off-campus activities related to personal learning and team building
• Workshops to train specific skills
• Assessment tools and peer feedback
• Individual reflection and coaching
"In global organizations in particular, communication and teamwork are vital. The group assignments during the Global Executive MBA with people from completely different cultural backgrounds, certainly helped to develop my communication skills. I learnt the importance of patiently listening to widly diverse opinions, bringing together the considerable knowledge available and finding the best solutions."
Stephen ElderSTEPHEN ELDER, GEMBA 2016
VICE PRESIDENT, ASIA&PACIFIC, EVALUATE LTD. (TOKYO)